Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

IMG_6759 I’m celebrating my Independence Day, and the independence to be able to work for myself at least part of the time, by putting together final proof sets for two photo shoots/events I’ve done recently.

In short, I’m working.  (For the record, I will be attending a party and then the famed Boston Pops fireworks show later.)

That’s OK, though.  The first deliverable is for a client, Emmy, who hired me to take some portraits.  She’s starting a new practice and needs them for her website, brochures, etc.  (Emmy is the lady in the photos with Hunter, the boxer, back in April.)  I took photos of her for my portfolio a couple of months ago, and ended up getting a paid assignment out of it.  She will be getting her proof set on Monday.

The second deliverable is for friends of mine.  Amelia and Shirley got married on June 26th, and they wanted me to take the wedding photos.  I don’t normally do weddings, but I agreed to do it for them.  Their proof set will await them on Tuesday, when they return from their honeymoon. 

I’ve been busy and doing a lot of photography work, which is great.  Tiring, but still great.  That I have the time and the knowledge to do this is pretty darn nifty.

Happy Independence Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment